Are you wasting time chasing clients for content?
How long did you spend last month just chasing your clients for content to complete the websites you’ve built for them?
Too much time?
You’re wasting too much time, energy, and resources chasing clients for missing copy, images and video.
And while you wait, everyone loses.
Your client isn’t benefiting from all your hard work because you can’t finish the project. And because you can’t finish the project, you can’t raise your completion invoice.
Which means you’re not getting paid either.
In an ideal world, this shouldn’t be necessary.In an ideal world, your client should know how to write a few words, find a competent photographer, and sort out a video or two.
- Your client wants you to build a new website
- They give you a brief
- You follow the brief and build the wireframe
- You ask them for the content
- Nothing happens
- You ask them again
- Still nothing happens
- You ask once more
- A few bits of scrappy copy arrive, along with a couple of blurred images
- You try a few more times…
- … and then you park the project and move on.
With me on board as your Content Guardian…
- Your project brief will reflect what the client actually needs, not what they think they want
- Copy will arrive on time and fit properly
- Images and videos will be the right size and quality.
As your Content Guardian, I will…
- Work with your client to fine-tune their positioning, so there’s clarity about how website works in their overall marketing strategy
- Work with you to reflect this in the design and wireframe, so you’re not wasting more time going back and forth trying to pin down the basics
- Work with your client to reflect this in the content, so they know what they need to say, and how best to say it
- Oversee content creation, so everyone stays focused and there are as few revisions as possible
- Make sure we all stick to an agreed schedule
- Stay involved until the content is signed off.
But why work with me?
- Find the story fast and…
- … meet the deadline.
And here’s what your client gets…
- A 1-2-1 with me — face-to-face or via Zoom video call
- A clear positioning statement to direct all their marketing, not only the web build
- Practical guidance on how to write web copy and source media content
- A full edit of two pages (up to 500 words each) of their web copy. This is usually their Home and About pages, to get them started.
So how does the charging work? You can either add my Content Guardian fee to the cost of your service or I can bill your client direct — whatever works best for you.
And if they want more help with their copy, then I can make that happen too and stay with them until it all gets written. The more of my time and support they want, the more they pay. Simple!
Want to know more?
Let’s set up a no-obligation discovery call and explore how having a Content Guardian could transform how you work — and how you get paid!
PS You don’t need to just take my word for it — here’s what the director of one digital agency has to say: ‘Some people are good communicators. Some are great organisers. Others know how to manage teams. Few people can do all of these things, and very few do them all brilliantly. Eugenie is one of the few. The web projects we’ve worked on together have run smoothly and efficiently and produced great results — due in no small part to Eugenie’s ability to understand the comms potential of a piece of work and co-ordinate everything necessary to turn that potential into a reality.’ — Eamonn Boylan, Director, We Are Herd, Oxford
PPS I can only work with a handful of designers and developers at a time. This is to ensure I maintain the quality of the Content Guardian service for everyone. So if you have a new project in the pipeline, this might be the perfect moment for us to talk. You can book your discovery call here. Or simply email me — email@example.com — or call me on 01344 834834.